Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Stand All Amazed

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,

Those words bring back special, precious memories. Carefully, slowly my 12 year old fingers find the keys to play the melody. Over and over I practice, trying hard not to make a mistake. Being called to be the branch pianist when I barely know how to read notes let alone play them, even one finger at a time, is nerve wracking to say the least. My parents find a piano teacher for me who immediately chooses this hymn for me to begin learning.

"Montse, you will not play from the simplified hymn book. If you apply yourself you can and will learn to play the hymns just as they are written."

And so began my journey.

My own personal journey of faith, of gaining my own testimony of Jesus Christ and His redeeming, atoning power in my life.
easter card 04

You see as I slowly, painfully even, plunked at the piano practicing that hymn over and over for weeks on end the words also played over and over in my mind.

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.

[Chorus]
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
 

I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
 

I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.


Those words have become ingrained in my heart. Because of them I started reading and studying about Jesus Christ and the atonement in the scriptures. I read of His life as He walked among men healing the sick, teaching a higher better way to live, providing living water to souls thirsty for hope and love and life.
easter card 02

I studied His last week, the instructions He gave to the apostles, the parables He gave to his disciples, the doctrines deemed important enough to be added to those already given.
Easter Card 05

My heart ached as I read of His suffering in Gethsemane and then rejoiced as I realized it was for me that I might be cleansed if I repent.
Easter Card 01

I sorrowed at His cruel death, crucifixion on the cross, yet marveled at His deep love - for His mother, Mary, for those thieves upon the cross, for the Roman soldiers "who know not what they do."
Easter card 06

And then, O, then! The magnificent morning when Mary Magdalene finds the tomb empty. The angels proclaiming, "He is not here; for He is risen, as he said."

He is Risen! Those words give hope for millions. We too will rise in the glorious resurrection.

The scriptures are a guide in my life as I try to teach my children about Jesus Christ.

I want them to know no matter how difficult the journey may be or how dark the night may seem, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ blessings will come as we show our faith in Him. As the Apostle Paul stated “Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby” (Hebrews 12:11).

So my husband and I teach our children by praying with them everyday, studying scriptures with them everyday, singing hymns everyday, living our religion everyday not just on Sundays.

"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." (2 Nephi 25:26)

My faith, my religion, is very important to me. It is the foundation upon which everything else rests. My belief in Jesus Christ keeps me going through the tough times, brings me joy in the good times, comforts me when I am down, and guides me every day.

Mine is not a passive faith. It is one of action. It is my life.

May you have a most joyous Easter with your family.
Did you like the lovely, powerful images I used in my post? They are Easter cards you can find at Mormon.org's facebook page.

Would you like to proclaim your own belief in Jesus Christ? You can at the special Easter page on Mormon.org. There is a special facebook plugin where you can join others in sharing your testimony of Jesus Christ.

While there watch a new video, He is Risen, about the Savior's Atonement. You can also watch 4 Christ-centered videos covering the topics of forgiveness, finding peace, service and overcoming challenges.

There is a Bible video app you can download to view the new Life of Jesus Christ Bible videos. You can also order a free copy of the King James version of the Bible as a special Easter gift to you.

Come, learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints beliefs in Jesus Christ.

Cocoa Signature with Candy 2 © 2007-2011 Chocolate on my Cranium, LLC all rights reserved
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment