Monday, May 21, 2012

Solar Eclipse May 20, 2012

Sunday evening we were able to witness a good portion of the solar eclipse.
solar eclipse 05

We were a couple hours too far north to see a full "ring of fire" but still got a good view.
solar eclipse welding lens 01

We used welding helmets and lenses to look directly at the sun. The lenses make the sun green!
solar eclipse shadows 05

The shadows of the leaves were also crescent shaped.
solar eclipse 01

I was trying to get the setting right on my camera in this photo. I like the two reversed eclipses from the mirror shake on my camera. You can also see the eclipse right next to the bright green sun.

Were you able to see the eclipse?

Cocoa Signature with Candy 2 © 2007-2012 Chocolate on my Cranium, LLC all rights reserved
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment