Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wordfull Wednesday: Those who have mothered me

There have been so many, too many to name.

My sweet great-great aunt who didn't mind a precocious three year old coming to visit every day.

The jind "grandmother" who "adopted" us when our own grandmothers lived far away.

kneading bread dough

Karon, who taught me how to make bread, whose recipe has now been shared and made all over the world.

Beulah, who truly made her home a 'promised land' and shared her bounty with everyone {and saved her watermelons for my girls!}.

The unknown woman at the store who smiled at my children on a particularly hard day.

Robin, who stayed with me when my husband couldn't be there during Ganache's difficult blood drawing.

180:365

"Again, do it again!" Those infamous words repeated by my piano teacher who pushed me to do better.

Eve, Sarah, Rebekah, Mary, Abish and countless other scriptural women whose lives are there open for all to see, whose examples have guided me.

Aunts who have watched, sent birthday cards, spoiled, and encouraged, continually encouraged.

"Are we not all mothers? Motherhood is more than bearing children. … It is the essence of who we are as women." (Sheri L. Dew)

I am so thankful for the women who have been present in my life and in the lives of my children. They each help to fill in the gaps, smooth the edges, and fill us up. Through their individual lives the light of Christ shines through helping to light the way back to Him.

Join us for Wordfull Wednesday! Write a post about those who have mothered you. Leave a link and go read posts other's have linked to.



Cocoa Signature with Candy 2 © 2007-2012 Chocolate on my Cranium, LLC all rights reserved

0 comments:

Post a Comment